Pan-Pacific Conference XXXI
Designing the Shared Future through Co-Creation
June 2-5, 2014
Sakai City, Osaka, Japan
Conference Venue: Hotel Agora Regency Sakai (www.agoraregency-sakai.com)
The Agora Regency Sakai Hotel reservation website is now open. Please click the link below to make your hotel reservations for the Pan-Pacific XXXI Conference.
2013 Newsletter: PDF Version (59k)
Call for Papers: PDF Version (813k)
Proceedings and Presentations
Conference Proceedings will be published including selected papers which meet the following criteria:
- All submitted papers and proposals will be double blind reviewed by the Program Committee members and/or referees. Only accepted papers that have undergone a review process for both presentation and publication will be included in the Proceedings.
- Only registered authors can present their papers. The paid registration reflects acknowledgement that at least one author will be in attendance at the conference to present the paper.
- There is a limit of 3 over-sized pages for each paper published in the Proceedings (3 over-sized pages can accommodate approximately 8 standard sized pages). If the 3-page limit is exceeded, an additional $100 per page will be charged to the author(s).
- Only registered authors, as listed in the Proceedings and in the Final Program, are eligible to present their papers at the conference. Please do not arrange for substitute presenters who are not co-authors of the paper.
Power Point projectors are available in all of the session rooms. Files may be transferred via USB or CD. Presenters should bring their own laptops or arrange to borrow/share with another conference delegate. Laptops will not be provided.
Please help us meet our external publishing and printing deadlines by submitting your paper(s) and registering for the conference before our designated deadlines as follows:
- Submission deadline for Papers/Proposals – February 14, 2014
- Submission deadline for papers accepted for publication in the Conference Proceedings – April 19, 2014
- Online registration on or before April 19, 2014 - $400
- Online registration after April 19, 2014 - $450
THE REGISTRATION FEE MUST BE PAID ONLINE BY VISA OR MASTERCARD ONLY.
Distinguished Paper Award and Publication Opportunities
Two or three best papers (only complete manuscripts are eligible) will be selected by the Program Committee for recognition. In addition, five best papers related to service business will be invited to submit for publication in Service Business: An International Journal (SSCI, Springer).
Collaborative Relations with Springer Publishers and the International Network of Business and Management Journals (INBAM)
Please visit our website for detailed information about PPBA’s collaborative relations with these organizations.
Hotel Information will be posted at a later date.
Collaboration between The Pan-Pacific Business Association (PPBA) and The International Network of Business and Management Journal Editors (INBAM)
PPBA and INBAM (17 SSCI journals) have entered into a collaborative working relationship to support each organization's professional goals. As the first step of this collaboration, each organization is committed to promoting the annual conference of each other.
Updated link is forthcoming.
********* SPECIAL NOTICE TO PPBA MEMBERS *********
The Pan-Pacific Business Association and the Springer Publishers have agreed to establish a collaborative relationship. Thus, Service Business: An International Journal (an SSCI journal) will be an affiliated journal of PPBA. Please find the link to the Service Business website (http://www.springer.com/journal/11628) and the attached information and promotion flier for the journal. The authors of the top five (5) service related papers presented at the Annual Pan-Pacific Conference will be invited to further refine the papers after the conference presentation and submit them to Service Business for publication consideration. The regular review process will equally be used for these papers.
Springer is offering special deep discounted subscription rates for Service Business to only PPBA members as follows:
Print copies of Service Business: 60 Euros, including VAT and shipping cost, per year.
E-subscription of Service Business: 36 Euros, including VAT, per year.
**Springer stipulates that these special rates are available only when at least 20 PPBA members take advantage of this offer. This offer is valid only through PPBA office.
Download: PDF Version (684k)
I. TO SUBMIT A PAPER, WORKSHOPS OR SYMPOSIUM FOR REVIEW:
- It is the policy of the Pan-Pacific Business Association that all papers, workshops and symposium proposal must be submitted in English and presented at the Pan-Pacific Conference in English.
- The link for submitting a paper for review will be activated by September 30, 2013.
- The deadline for submitting completed papers (for consideration of the Best Paper Award journal submission invitation) or an extended abstract is February 15, 2014.
- All submitted papers will be reviewed by March 15, 2014. Corresponding authors will be notified of acceptance status by March 20, 2014.
- Papers may be resubmitted at the following link: http://www.panpacificbusiness.org/abstract/resubmit.aspx. A control number and e-mail address associated with the paper are required.
Step 1 - PAPER SUBMISSION: Submit your paper for review
II. TO SUBMIT AN ACCEPTED PAPER FOR PUBLICATION IN THE PROCEEDINGS:
- Authors may submit their formatted paper(s) after receipt of the electronic acceptance letter.
- Papers must be formatted in the Pan-Pacific paper template (available through the link below), and must conform to the 3-page limit.
- At least one (1) author from each paper must register online through the Pan-Pacific website (see III. Registration below).
- The Deadline for paper submissions for the Proceedings publication and author registration is Saturday, April 19, 2014.
- Paper Formatting Template Microsoft Word Version (28k)
- Papers may be resubmitted at the following link: http://www.panpacificbusiness.org/proceedings/resubmit.aspx. A control number and e-mail address associated with the paper are required.
Step 2 - PAPER SUBMISSION: Submit the accepted paper for publication in the Pan-Pacific Conference Proceedings
III. REGISTER FOR THE 2014 PAN-PACIFIC CONFERENCE IN Sakai City, Osaka, Japan
Online registration for all conference participants either with or without papers:
- $400 before April 19, 2014
- $450 after April 19, 2014
- Accompanying non-participant: $100.00
Step 3 - REGISTRATION: Register for the Pan-Pacific Conference
For information on PPBA, please contact us at:
Pan-Pacific Business Association